Guidelines for Visa Requirements
Below are the basic requirements for visa application . Note that all documents must be certified true copy of the original
- A completed application form – Business Stream
Note: Make sure to tick the purpose of stay is
Business visit for meetings, conferences or negotiations (not to work)
- On-line Application for a Visitor Short Stay Visa OR
- if you are a holder of Philippine passports you need to use Visitor e600 visa online application OR
- Visa Subclass 600 - form 1415 for a Visitor Visa – Business Stream OR
- If you hold a certain eligible passport like Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, USA you need to apply for a visa Subclass 601 or Electronic Travel Authority
- The base application charge for the Visitor Subclass 600 (business stream) visa ranges from AU$130.
- If you hold a certain eligible passport like Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, USA you need to apply for a visa Subclass 601 or Electronic Travel Authority $20.00.
- Other European passport holders may be eligible to apply for a free visa Subclass 651
Your identity: (Certified True Copy)
- Passport Biodata page
- Passport Size Photo
- Birth Certificate
- Evidence of the name change
- Military service record or discharge papers (if applicant served in the armed forces)
- Other character requirements listed on application form
- Be free of Tuberculosis
- Other health requirements as listed on the application form
Documents to show you are a visitor (Certified True Copy)
- Evidence of sufficient funds, bank account statement, pay slips, credit card limit, business bank statement, taxation records, audited accounts, car registration
- Additional letter of invitation from classmates, friends or relative. Indicate if they can provide accommodation during your stay in Australia.
- Itinerary: Mapua World 2015 activities plus other tours and activities you plan to do while in Australia
- Current Employment (certificate of employment)
Incentive and authority to return to home country
- letter from employer stating that you will continue to perform your duties after the approved leave of absence
- evidence of enrolment at school in home country
- evidence of immediate family members in home country
- evidence of visa or residence status in home country and right to return
- evidence of property or other significant assets owned in home country
Visa Applicants under the age of 18 years of age:
- A ‘Consent to grant an Australian visa to a child under the age of 18 years’ (form 1229) must be completed where children under 18 years of age intend to travel to Australia, without an accompanying parent or parents. See http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1229.pdf
- Letter of invitation from Mapua Alumni Australia (MAA)
- MW2015 Official Receipt
- MW2015 Schedule of Events and Activities
For more information:
Deciding which month to hold MW2015 was no mean feat because Sydney is a place you would not want to leave no matter the season. But spring is always a lovely time in Sydney (and Australia, in general) and here down under, spring starts on the 1st of September. Spring is normally the driest season in Sydney and September boasts of very comfortable sunny days with temperature averaging at 20ᵒC (68ᵒF). Evenings are a bit cooler at 10ᵒC (50ᵒF). The Sydney Olympics Games 2000 were held in September to take advantage of such a pleasant weather.
The MW2015 Committee consulted with Business Events Sydney (BES), a not-for-profit partnership between the New South Wales Government and the private sector and which is responsible for promoting Sydney as a business events destination. BES advised that being a few months away from the busy Christmas season gives September the advantage of lower airfare and cheaper local travel and accommodation. Also, September is the month of festivities with flower shows, free outdoor art exhibitions, cultural festivals and a rich selection of theatrical performances, just to name a few. In fact, a walk in any of the numerous city parks is exhilarating enough.
While the mid September schedule is too early for a number of attendees who may be planning to take side travels to neighbouring countries via ocean cruise which usually starts in October, local tourist and scenic spots are truly worthwhile alternatives. Australia is the only continent nation in the world and its vast breathtaking natural landscapes with unique flora and fauna are hard to pass up if you are a seasoned traveller.
All Mapua alumni, their families and friends are welcome to attend MapuaWorld 2015.
Event sponsors, donors are welcome to attend MW2015.
Event Fee before 10 March 2015 – Aus $185
Event Fee starting 11 March 2015 – A$210
The following are included in the full registration fee per person :
1. Id card and souvenir program
2. Souvenir item
3. Individual Ticket to the following (includes food):
a. meet and greet nite
b. Gala Dinner
d. Family Day out - Picnic
There are 4 events in MW2015:
1. Meet and Greet night –
Dress code - smart casual
2. Gala Dinner – highlight event of MW2015
Dress Code – formal
3. Seminar –
Dress code - smart casual
4. Family Picnic Day –
Dress Code - casual
Your full registration fee covers all events.
You have the option to attend all or just certain events.
Pay either by:
- Within Australia: Electronic fund transfer, bank deposit in person, or cash to MAA Treasurer
- Outside Australia: Pay via PayPal or through any global remittance company in your country of residence
Last day of full registration for MW2015 event is
10 June 2015
For any queries about MW2015, you can do any of the following:
- Post a message to the MW2015 website
- Post a message to MAA Facebook
All fully paid delegates will be provided a convention kit. This will be provided from the first day of event from the Registration committee. There will be a designated pick up point for the kit
Aside from the 4 events included in the full registration fee, there will be other events or tours that will be organised by MW2015 committee. These will be posted in the MW2015 website.
You will need to pay separately for these tours.